Come join your local InfraGard chapter for our second quarterly meeting on July 10th, 2015, from 1:30pm - 4:30pm.
For this meeting, we will have Steve Pappas teach the IS-100.B: Introduction to Incident Command System course. This meeting, which includes the IS-100.B course, is being offered by your local InfraGard chapter for only $15. Here you can learn more about our nation's incident response system and how this system can be used in the private sector.
Register online here:
The full course description is below
Afterwards we will meet at Lake Pointe Grille for dinner. Feel free to join us (at your own expense, sorry).
Read more: Announcing InfraGard Second Quarterly Meeting
All InfraGard participants are committed to the proposition that a robust exchange of information provides an important element of successful critical infrastructure protection efforts. This exchange includes information on threats and actual attacks, whether they are physical or cyber-based.
The goal of InfraGard is to promote ongoing dialogue and timely communication between members and the FBI. InfraGard members gain access to information that enables them to protect their assets and in turn give information to government that facilitates its responsibilities to prevent and address terrorism and other crimes.
The relationship supports information sharing at national and local levels and its objectives are as follows:
- Increase the level of information and reporting between InfraGard members and the FBI on matters related to counterterrorism, cyber crime and other major crime programs.
- Increase interaction and information sharing among InfraGard members and the FBI regarding threats to the critical infrastructures, vulnerabilities, and interdependencies.
- Provide members value-added threat advisories, alerts, and warnings.
- Promote effective liaison with local, state and federal agencies, to include the Department of Homeland Security.
- Provide members a forum for education and training on counterterrorism, counterintelligence cyber crime and other matters relevant to informed reporting of potential crimes and attacks on the nation and U.S. interests.
InfraGard is a cooperative undertaking dedicated to increasing the security of United States critical infrastructures. This cooperative, comprised of the U.S. Government (led by the FBI) and an association of businesses, academic institutions, state and local law enforcement agencies, and other participants, serves the interests of its members by sharing knowledge, information, and analytical efforts.
The InfraGard-Springfield Members Alliance continues to foster a community focus on information sharing, education and protection of our critical infrastructures in the downstate Illinois area.